how to get VMPro Beta 64bit

All discussion related to the VisualCAD/CAM standalone product.
naresh

how to get VMPro Beta 64bit

Post by naresh »

Hi,

I've sent many emails to support and licensing for VMPro Beta, which I'd like to try. I've yet to get any response. Is there a minimum response time (in days) from Mecsoft?

I've got a license of VMPro

Thank you.
Naresh
NASHERO -- Highest quality, safe, sleek, efficient, comfortable, spacious, intuitively easy and fun to fly aircraft.
MecSoft Support

Re: how to get VMPro Beta 64bit

Post by MecSoft Support »

The beta access is not automatically given to requests. We go through a screening process because we do not want to handle support calls on the Beta as well. You will receive an an email when you are given access. So please be patient. Thanks.
naresh

Post by naresh »

Thanks for the quick feedback. I wonder what your screening process entails, if I were you, each bug/support call should be an opportunity to fix your issues, if I were you, I'd have it in the hands of as many customers as I could, that way you get an early view of errors/bugs/potential-support-calls.

That said:

I'd really like to try if the VMPro Beta will work with my very large models, if it will be better/faster than the release 6 and if it will work with the 3Dconnection space pilot and navigator mouses.

Also I'd like to understand if I can design cutters/tools like I have (with inserts) which have a tapered shank and collisions didn't work with the current version. Support had told me that these will definitely come in the new release.

Making 2D sketches was a bit painful if one wanted to edit existing boundaries. So the workflow for me was to make the sections and slices in Rhino, export them to VMPro and then to see if they'd work. I'd like to see if there has been some enhancement there and if I would still need a CAD tool to do something that could be done in VMPro.

Importing complex geometry from Rhino or Alibre used to take an inordinately long time, and I'll like to see if that time has been reduced.
NASHERO -- Highest quality, safe, sleek, efficient, comfortable, spacious, intuitively easy and fun to fly aircraft.
MecSoft Support

Post by MecSoft Support »

Naresh, you should have beta access now.
osphoto

Post by osphoto »

I'd like to try the Beta also.

I've been waiting for over a year plus wanting to used lettering on arc's and such and I was told it would be fixed in a patch/update. Since the patch/update hasn't been announced yet, perhaps it's in the 64 bit release?

How does one go about getting access to be a beta tester? I've got VMPro license.

Thanks
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Hi,
please send in your request with your customer credentials as well as your forum name to [email protected] and we can enable Beta access. Thanks.