erasing Mops from list

All discussion related to the VisualCAD/CAM standalone product.
wabecomilluser

erasing Mops from list

Post by wabecomilluser »

My questions are
1 Supposing one wished to remove an Mop that had been created. How can it be removed. There appears to be no erase button. The only way I can think of is to cut and paste to move it some where outside Visualmill .

2. I wrote a program which required a tool to be changed after one profile so that the part could be profiled using a smaller cutter. I expected the program to stop after each part program to allow me to change cutters. Instead it carried on to the next cut profile. What am I doing wrong.

3. I have not grasped when it is necessary to start a new Mop set . The tutorials show many tool statigies in only one set.

I love this software but dispite reading the manual and tutorials have loads of questions which I will ask in small batches!

Thanks in advance. John (new to Visialmill)
MecSoft Support

Re: erasing Mops from list

Post by MecSoft Support »

1 Supposing one wished to remove an Mop that had been created. How can it be removed. T
Select the MOp and then Right Mouse Click and select Cut
I wrote a program which required a tool to be changed after one profile so that the part could be profiled using a smaller cutter. I expected the program to stop after each part program to allow me to change cutters. Instead it carried on to the next cut profile
Your post needs to be setup at each tool change to stop. This can easily be done by inserting the stop G code in the Tool Change Macro area in the post processor generator. You can also post the Mops one by one. If you need help with setting up the post please drop an email to [email protected] with the post you are using and how you want the stop command to be output.
I have not grasped when it is necessary to start a new Mop set .
You can use Mop Sets to organize your Mops. Typically one MopSet for a setup is what most users do. In most cases a single MopSet would suffice, however.
DareBee

Post by DareBee »

MecSoft Support wrote:
1 Supposing one wished to remove an Mop that had been created. How can it be removed. T
Select the MOp and then Right Mouse Click and select Cut
Or select the MOp and press the delete key (on keyboard) Or select the MOp and press Ctrl X
integratedmechanical.ca
Normand Blais

Post by Normand Blais »

or select the mop and drag it to the drawing window
wabecomilluser

Post by wabecomilluser »

Many thanks for all your suggestions.
John.
osphoto

Post by osphoto »

Mop Sets

Some reasons I create multiple MOP sets. (Novice user also).
-I create a mop set based on "bit size" and rename the MOP to that bit size.

-MOP based on operation length.
-MOP set based on multiple parts to be cut.

Some times it's easier for me track a sub group in a MOP set when setting up many cut routines.

After creating multiple mops, IE rough pass and then finish pass, I'll update the GCODE to remove unnecessary tool movements.