PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
Whenever you visit our Website, we may collect non-identifying information from you, such as your IP address, referring URL, browser, operating system, cookie information, and Internet Service Provider. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, this information alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
PURPOSES FOR COLLECTING PERSONAL DATA
- MecSoft collects and uses Your Personal Data for the purpose of carrying out its business based on the following purposes:
- Processing activities for Personal Data collected from those who visit a Website without entering information, and which are based on Your prior consent if required by law
- To improve Your user experience and to recognize that You may have given us information and do not need to provide such information again
- Processing activities for Personal Data collected from those who provide information to us for purposes listed above, and which are based on Your prior consent if required by law
- To enable You to request and receive information related to MecSoft products and services from MecSoft and its resellers
- To provide You with a personalized interactive use of the Website
- To ascertain Your requirements and interests and provide You with the most suitable products and/or services
- To enable You to participate in marketing activities and surveys
- To enable You to register for a seminar, webinar, or event.
- To allow You to open and maintain an account in order to obtain specialized documentation and technical assistance
- To enable You to make online purchases of some of our products and/or services
- To enable You to exchange information with other users of the Website;
- To enable MecSoft to manage its business relationships, including sales opportunities, commercial offers, purchasing, contracts, orders, and invoices, and which may include conversational data (e.g., chat, email, and voice messaging data)
- To provide You with commercial or support services
- To enable MecSoft to manage its Research & Development activities, including enhancement requests and bug incidents
- To manage Your training and/or certification on MecSoft products and services.
- To process an employment application from You and manage the recruitment sources
- To manage the Anti-Piracy & Compliance program
- To manage the MecSoft’ obligations related to applicable export laws, trade sanctions, and embargoes issued, without limitation, by the European Union and its member states, and of the United States of America. This may include (i) automated checks of any user registration data as set out herein and other information You provide about Your identity against applicable sanctioned party lists; (ii) regular repetition of such checks whenever a sanctioned-party list is updated or when You update Your information; (iii) blocking of access to MecSoft services and systems in case of a potential match; and (iv) contacting You to confirm Your identity in case of a potential match.
Subject to applicable local law, by providing Personal Data such as but not limited to an email address, You hereby expressly authorize MecSoft to use it together with other relevant Personal Data to send You commercial or marketing communications. MecSoft might also use Your email address for administrative and other non-marketing purposes.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
MecSoft does not store Your Personal Data for more time than necessary. Retention periods may vary depending on the data categories and the processing activities.
Where MecSoft is processing and using Your Personal Data as permitted by law or under your consent, MecSoft will store Your Personal Data (i) only as long as required to fulfill the purposes set out above, (ii) where MecSoft has a legitimate interest in using Your Personal Data, until You object to MecSoft’ use of Your Personal Data, or (iii) where You gave Your consent, until You withdraw it. However, where MecSoft is required by applicable law to retain Your Personal Data longer or where Your Personal Data is required to assert or defend against legal claims, MecSoft will retain Your Personal Data until the end of the relevant retention period or until the claims in question have been settled.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
MecSoft will disclose Personal Data to third parties if MecSoft determines that such disclosure is necessary for technical reasons or to protect MecSoft’ legal interests (such as in the event of acquisition or merger by a third company or total or partial liquidation of MecSoft).
Additionally, MecSoft may share Your Personal Data with the reseller assigned to You or in the territory where You are located. MecSoft may also share Your Personal Data with business partners when MecSoft and the business partner sponsor an event together or participate in a marketing promotion together and in which You engage.
MecSoft may also disclose such personal information if required by law or if MecSoft believes in good faith that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process (for example, a warrant, a subpoena, or other court order) or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of MecSoft, our customers, or the public.
RIGHTS OF ACCESS TO AND RECTIFICATION OF PERSONAL DATA
You have a right to access Your Personal Data. In addition, You have a right to request the rectification, completion, update, and erasure of Your Personal Data. You also have a right to obtain a copy of the Personal Data stored by MecSoft.
If You have an account, You may be able to exercise Your rights of access to and rectification of the Personal Data by logging on to Your account. Otherwise, You may exercise Your rights of access to and rectification of the data by sending an email to email@example.com.
Depending on the scope of the request, MecSoft reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee to cover any out-of-pocket costs incurred in connection with such access, modification, and deletion of Personal Data. MecSoft may deny access to Personal Data in limited circumstances, defined by applicable laws and regulations.
MecSoft undertakes to ensure the protection and security of Personal Data that You choose to communicate, in order to ensure the confidentiality of Your Personal Data and prevent Your Personal Data from being distorted, damaged, destroyed or disclosed to unauthorized parties.
MecSoft maintains reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect Personal Data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, and destruction. However, while MecSoft strives to protect Your Personal Data, in light of the inevitable risks of data transmission over the Internet, MecSoft cannot guarantee full protection against any error occurring during the course of Personal Data transmission that is beyond MecSoft’ reasonable control.
Since Personal Data may be confidential, access is limited to employees, contractors & resellers who have a need to know such data in carrying out their tasks. All the people who have access to Your Personal Data are bound by a duty of confidentiality and subject to disciplinary actions and/or other sanctions if they fail to meet these obligations.
Improve Your user experience through, for example:
- enabling a service to recognize Your device so You don’t have to give the same information several times, and
- recognizing that You may already have given a username and password so You don’t need to do so repeatedly.
Analyze traffic and data on a Website to:
- measure how many people are using the Website, so they can be made easier to use and navigate and have enough capacity to ensure have adequate response times, and
- help MecSoft understand how people interact with a Website so MecSoft can improve the functionality and performance of the Website.
MecSoft may also use third-party vendor services to measure and analyze the effectiveness of the Website and to:
- analyze Your browsing habits and measure a Website’s audience,
- analyze Your interests and offer You targeted marketing or advertising, and
- allow You to share content from the Website with other people on social networks and to let other people know what You are looking at and how You feel about content
In such cases, cookies provided by such third party vendors may be used and stored. By transmitting the information generated by these cookies, the cookies’ settings ensure that IP addresses are anonymous before geo-localization and before storage. Our third party vendors will use this information for the evaluation of Your use of the Website, compiling reports on the Website activity for MecSoft to provide better services to You suited to Your needs and provide advertisements to You that are suited to Your needs. Cookies will not associate Your IP address with any other data they store.
When You browse the Website, cookies are enabled by default and data may be read or stored locally on Your device if Your browser settings allow. You can configure Your browser software to refuse all cookies (including cookies used for web analytics services); if You do so, however, some areas and features of the Website may not function properly and/or You may not be able to access some parts or services of the Website.
LINKS TO WEBSITE NOT CONTROLLED BY MECSOFT
This Website might offer links to third-party Website that may be of interest to You. MecSoft does not exercise any control over the content of third party Website or the practices of these third parties in connection with the protection of Personal Data that they might collect and are thus not in the control of MecSoft. Consequently, MecSoft shall have no liability for the content of third party Website or the practices of these third parties concerning the protection of Personal Data. It is, therefore, Your responsibility to inform Yourself as to these third parties’ privacy policies.
Although MecSoft has put in place reasonable safeguards to protect Personal Data, we recognize that there is no method of transmitting or storing Personal Data that is completely secure. MecSoft is committed to ensuring the privacy of Personal Data. If You have a reason to believe that the security of Your Personal Data has been compromised or misused, You should contact MecSoft by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unauthorized access to Personal Data or the improper use of Personal Data may constitute offenses under local law. If Your usual place of residence is in European Union, Lichtenstein, Norway or Iceland, You have a right to file a complaint with Your competent data protection authority.