- Ease of Use, since the product will be used by jewelers and not machinists
- Powerful 3 Axis sculpted surface machining
- 4 Axis wrap machining for simple rings and bracelets
- 4 Axis continuous machining for rings and bracelets
- 4 Axis indexing coupled with advanced 3 axis machining allows machining of complex multi-sided parts
MecSoft in Jewelry: Recent Case Studies
RhinoCAM at Quail Pens. Carl and Gina Hill operate their cottage business Quail Pens from their home in Wallace Idaho. Carl has 39 years of experience in engineering under his belt, at Cessna Aircraft, Texas Instruments, Hewlett Packard, Raytheon Missile Systems, and then at General Electric as a Mechanical Engineer and also Manufacturing Engineering manager. When it came time to choose a CAM package for his own business, Quail Pens, Carl chose RhinoCAM Expert!
Professional jewelry designers use CAD/CAM software to turn concepts and ideas into realistic renderings. These designers are well educated, have the ability to craft designs and share them with customers, can prepare cast-ready prototypes and identify elements of CAD design that influence manufacturing. These expert designers leverage their creativity and savvy to develop the beautiful jewelry items sold in stores worldwide.
Interesting Industry Facts
- Payscale.com lists the average income of a jewelry designer in the United States as $43,822, with the 90th percentile earning in excess of $80,000/year
- 83% of jewelry designers are women
- The top skills affecting jewelry designers are CAD (Computer Aided Design) and Adobe Photoshop
- The jewelry industry fluctuates very closely with the state of the economy