What is the solution?
With robots becoming cheaper and more versatile they are being increasingly utilized for machining soft materials in a variety of applications. Our CAM products 3, 4 and 5 Axis toolpaths can be converted to Robot language code with full collision checking and inverse kinematic calculations and adapted to various robots to effect the milling. Some of the features of this solution are:
- 3, 4 and 5 Axis toolpaths
- Program up to 8 Axis robots
- Extensive library of robots including ABB, Kuka & Fanuc
- General purpose kinematic engine to create robot language code
- Full collision check inside robot working volume
- Intelligent handling of robot singularities
- Graphical simulation of robot motions
How does IRBCAM work with MecSoft’s products?
Users of our products (VisualCAD/CAM, RhinoCAM & VisualCAM for SOLIDWORKS) can program 3, 4 or 5 axis toolpaths and output the program using the built in APT CLS post-processor. This APT-CLS program can then be loaded in IRBCAM to create the robot language commands. Our products can also be setup to automatically bring up IRBCAM when post-processing is performed.