How to Migrate Your CAM Data from AlibreCAM to VisualCAD/CAM
Being an AlibreCAM user you likely know now that AlibreCAM’s last supported version in AlibreCAM 2020 and that all AlibreCAM users are being migrated to VisualCAD/CAM. This is a free migration to all AlibreCAM users. As an AlibreCAM user, you will need to migrate all of your AlibreCAM data files to VisualCAD/CAM to continue to access your embedded CAM knowledge. The good news is that AlibreCAM already includes a migration tool that will export your Alibre Design, including all CAM data to VisualCAD/CAM!
The procedure to convert your AlibreCAM data files is provided below.
Please note that you MUST migrate all of your existing Alibre Design/AlibreCAM files over to VisualCAD/CAM in order to continue to access your existing CAM knowledge!
You can follow the steps outlined below to use the Export to VCP utility located in AlibreCAM. The complete Alibre Design part geometry as well as all AlibreCAM toolpaths will be migrated for you. If you have any difficulty migrating your CAM data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Steps to Convert AlibreCAM data to VisualCAD/CAM Data
1. Open Alibre Design and load the part file with CAM data that you want to export.
2. Load the AlibreCAM plugin and load the MILL module.
3. Your AlibreCAM data looks like this:
4. From the AlibreCAM Machining Browser locate the Utilities menu and select the Export to VCP command.
5. Enter a name for the new VCP (VisualCAD/CAM) part file and pick OK.
6. Run VisualCAD/CAM and load the MILL module.
7. In VisualCAD/CAM, from the File Open dialog, navigate to the VCP file that you just exported from AlibreCAM and pick OK. The file is opened in VisualCAD/CAM and includes all geometry, all machining operations and all tools.
For More Information
More about MecSoft CAM Products
For more information about each of these CAM products, including data sheets, videos and other resources we invite you to visit the following product pages: